The contribution made by our volunteers is greatly valued and their work is essential to the running of Ikuntji Artists. The generous donation of time and effort and the many skills that our Volunteers bring are of great assistance to the art centre. Read about some of our previous volunteers and interns experiences here.
Before considering volunteering at Ikuntji Artists please familiarise yourself with our organisation through our website which explains who we are, where we are, what we do, and why we do it. You can also learn more and follow us on social media – Facebook and Instagram.
Please note, we only take volunteers and interns via prior arrangement, and they must have specific skills and expertise. These vary according to what is needed at the time however they include:
- Fine art studio skills eg: priming and stretching canvases, basic understanding of colour theory, ability to mix andprepare paints, hanging pictures/art shows
- Computer skills and IT knowledge
- Graphic design
- General carpentry skills, ability to manage general labouring and handyman duties
- Botany or horticultural experience
- Curatorial, museum or gallery background
- Art history/theory or anthropology degree
Volunteers and interns must be physically fit and healthy and prepared for life in an Aboriginal Community. An open and cheerful attitude and an understanding of Aboriginal history and politics is also useful, and please remember that Ikuntji Artists is owned and directed by the local community. Volunteers must be available for a minimum of three weeks. We don’t take volunteers from Dec to March due to the extreme heat.
Please take time to look through the information pack below. If you want to come and help out, we’d love to hear from you so please send us your CV outlining your skills and experience, and a brief letter which includes your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org