Sorry, no artworks.
Desmond was born in Alice Springs in 1973. He grew up in Mt Liebig (Watiyawanu) and attended school there. As a young man he moved to Haasts Bluff when offered work rounding up wild camels. He is married to Daphne Kantawarra and has 2 children, Anne-Marie and George Impu. Over the years Desmond observed his Grandfather, Bill Whiskey Tjapaltjarri, painting at Mt Liebig before Bill passed away in 2008. Before his Grandfather’s passing Desmond was given permission to paint certain important stories that Bill once depicted in his works. Very early in his painting career Desmond fell seriously ill. In need of a liver transplant he stayed in Adelaide for 6 months during 2009 waiting for his life-saving operation. Getting very homesick he almost gave up hope, until the day he was given the miraculous news that he was to receive the gift of a donor liver. Desmond returned to painting in late 2009, and can now continue painting the stories of his late Grandfather.
- GOLD COAST CITY ART GALLERY, QUEENSLAND
- 12th Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair 2018-08-10
- Blak Markets at Barrangaroo, Sydney NSW 2017-07-02
- Euan Hills Artmob, Hobart Tas 2011-01-01
- Korowa College Exhibition, Melbourne vic 2011-01-01
- Artkelch, Germany 2010-01-01
- ArtMob, Hobart Tas 2010-01-01
- Metro Gallery, Melbourne, "Tjukurrpa" 2009-01-01
- Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs NT, "DesertMob" 2008-01-01