Garrard Anderson is the son of Amos Anderson and grandson of Yamah Anderson a Warlpiri man. I discovered my love for painting and have been taught by my grandmother Tilau Nangala, acclaimed artist at Papunya Tjupi Arts, who paints the same country Mikantji, Ngapa – Water Dreaming.
Growing up I have been told my country and dreaming is half-way between Yuendumu and Lajamanu, at a place called Mikantji. I am in the process of talking to family and elders to take me and other extended family for a country visit there.
- ‘Story Necklace’ Exhibition – South Australian Museum Ended
- Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair, Darwin Ended
- Central Australian Aboriginal Textiles, Alice Springs Ended
- Spring/Summer Fashion Parade, Alice Springs Ended
- Desert Mob exhibition 2016, Alice Springs Ended
- Desart Photography Prize 2016, Alice Springs Ended
- 'Story Necklace' exhibition, South Australian Museum 2020-12-17
- Salon des Refuses 2017, Charles Darwin University, Darwin 2017-08-08
- 2017 Salon des Refuses, Charles Darwin University Gallery, Darwin NT 2017-08-08
- Ngurra Kutju - Tjukurrpa Tjuta, One Country - Many Stories, Exhibition at Colin Biggers & Paisley, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane 2017-06-19
- Desert Mob 2016, Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs NT 2016-09-08
- Desart Photography Prize Exhibition, Tangentyere Gallery, Alice Springs NT 2016-09-06
- 10th Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair, Darwin Convention Centre, Darwin NT 2016-08-04