This year’s Desert Mob exhibition at Araluen features an ambitious project by Ikuntji Artists. 21 artists came together over period of many weeks to create the “Story Necklace”. Trips to country in collaboration with Central Land Council and Macdonnell Regional Council Youth Program made this happen.
Whilst women collected the seeds and created the necklace, male artists recorded it.
The ‘Story Necklace’ represents all the different stories told when visiting country, each seed is a story and encapsulates that moment. It also represents all the time spent together when making the necklaces, sitting around the fire, pokering the holes with the hot wire, threading one seed and one story next to the other.
‘Story Necklace’ is 50m long in circumference and consists of a variety of seeds: gum nuts, ininti, and quandong. It is suspended on multi-strand stainless steel wire.
All photos are an edition of 5 and come in various sizes.
For any enquiries regarding the prints or the Story Necklace contact Araluen Arts Centre during Desert Mob and afterwards us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location & Contact
- Alison Napurrula Multa Pantjiti 5 artworks
- Anmanari Nolan Albertine 1 artwork
- Anne Dixon 0 artworks
- Colleen Kantawarra 0 artworks
- Cynthia Multa 0 artworks
- Daphne Marks 10 artworks
- Dolcy Roberts 0 artworks
- Doreen Lane 0 artworks
- Eunice Napanangka Jack 20 artworks
- Garrard Anderson 2 artworks
- Gordon Butcher 3 artworks
- Kathleen Dixon 10 artworks
- Keturah Zimran 36 artworks
- Maisie Jugadai 0 artworks
- Patricia Multa 7 artworks
- Serianne Butcher 0 artworks
- Susie Lane 5 artworks
- Virgillia Multa 0 artworks