This October Ikuntji Artists attended the Mbantua Festival in Alice Springs.
The Mbantua Festival seeks to give insight into the beauty, significance and power of aboriginal culture, by showcasing the language, traditions and innovations of Central Australian desert living. It aims to help celebrate and maintain Indigenous culture, and explore new forms of artistic expression and sustainable living.
The Festival Program included:
- Traditional and contemporary singing and dancing.
- Indigenous Bush Tucker and cultural tours and activities.
- Musical concerts featuring national and international performers.
- Major Indigenous arts and crafts displays, workshops and purchasing links.
- Desert stalls, bush food cooking, and bush medicine displays.
- Desert film and photography exhibitions.
- Environmental and sustainable living displays.
- Youth performances, activities, and desert living exhibitions.
Location & Contact
Alice Springs Telegraph Station
Herbert Heritage Dr
Stuart, NT 0870