In November 2017, a group of six artists travelled to Alice Springs, Sydney and Canberra to access museum collections. During this trip the artists found material objects created by their family members. They saw photographs of their homelands and their family members as well as of themselves.
Douglas Multa, Surparkra Jugadai, Alison Multa, Gordon Butcher, Keturah Zimran and Roseranna Larry endeavoured onto a journey of finding artefacts and photographs of their families.
The collections, museums and art galleries visited included:
- The Strehlow Research Centre
- National Library of Australia
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Museum of Australia
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Macleay Museum
- Powerhouse Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Art Gallery of New South Wales
- National Film and Sound Archive
This research into Luritja Collections was funded by the Australia Council for the Arts.
Date & Time
Haasts Bluff, NT 0872