Payment to Artist
Ikuntji Artists are not for profit, meaning all proceeds from sales goes back to the artists. Artists directly receive 50% of the sale price of each painting or print. The 50% retained by the art centre as a commission is used to pay for all materials such as paint, linen, brushes, as well as travel to exhibitions as well as all the other administration and staff costs associated with running the art centre. For t-shirts, fabrics and other products, commission rates vary based on production and third party costs.
Ikuntji Artists does not offer refunds for change of mind. Once an order is placed, it cannot be modified or cancelled. Please take this into consideration when purchasing items. Please also note that for handmade items such as fabrics and t-shirts, slight variations should be expected. Much care and time is taken when arranging photographs of artworks for the website and we do our best to assure that they are true to colour and form. Ikuntji Artists are not responsible for misrepresentations of images on personal devices.
Please be aware when purchasing clothing, we do not offer a refund for change of mind. As we and our manufacturing partners, Publisher Textiles are still ironing out the kinks in production there may be some inconsistencies in details given and the finished product (sizing guides and base fabrics are the main culprits). During this period we are happy to offer a refund or exchange for items that do not match the description given. Once things are running smoothly we will no longer offer refunds and will only be able to offer an exchange or store credit for clothing purchases.
Please also be aware we are not able to offer refunds or reimbursements for postage costs.
Missing or damaged items
We take great care in packing and shipping your items, however, if you receive your purchase with missing or damaged items, please contact the art centre within 10 business days of receiving it to organise a refund. For damaged items, please attach photographs of the items packaging and condition.
Ikuntji Artists Aboriginal Corporation works to ensure that all items for purchase on the website are available and correctly priced. Under certain circumstances, we may experience difficulties in updating our online catalogue and we appreciate your understanding if this impacts your purchase.
All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
Duties and Taxes
Ikuntji Artists Aboriginal Corporation sells paintings to the public on behalf of the artist on a consignment basis, therefore, paintings sold are Good and Services Tax (GST) exempt. When shipping paintings overseas, the purchaser is liable for any other duties or taxes payable specific to the country of import.
Freight is calculated based on the item purchased, and the buyers postal address. If purchasing more than one item, we may be able to ship them together for a reduced fee, though this is not always possible. All paintings are shipped unstretched, with the exception of some 30x30cm (or smaller) paintings. Pre-stretched paintings are shipped in a separate package, pre-stretching must be pre-organised and paid for.
Insurance and Delivery
Please clearly nominate a delivery address.
Paintings and prints are posted using Startrack and other items are posted with Australia Post unless other delivery arrangements are made with the art centre. You will receive an email with your tracking number and order details once it has been posted.
Haasts Bluff has an outgoing mail service once a week, however, this has become increasingly unreliable over the last few years. Every effort is made to dispatch artworks as quickly as possible, but specific delivery times cannot be guaranteed. Please keep in mind that you are purchasing something from a remote community. Minimum delivery time is one week after the item has been posted.
The nearest courier service is 230kms away in Alice Springs and entails additional costs. If you require the article in a hurry please notify us and we will do our best to try to process the parcel quickly.
Ikuntji Artists accepts the following:
Credit cards – Visa, MasterCard and Amex only.
Direct bank transfer, these are given when you choose direct bank transfer in your checkout process. Ensure that the payment description includes your name and invoice number.
Afterpay – shop now, pay later, always interest-free. More details below.
All purchases are posted once payment has been received.
Ikuntji Artists currently offer the In-Store/manual Afterpay service for all orders.
To use Afterpay, please select ‘Afterpay’ as your payment method when checking out. We will contact you once we’ve received your order and assist you in setting up a payment plan over the phone or via email.
How it works:
IMPORTANT: You can only shop in-store in your country of origin. So if you have an Australian Afterpay account you can only shop In-store within Australia not overseas in New Zealand.
- Create an account with Afterpay in just 2 minutes. The Afterpay in-store process starts from your mobile phone and takes under 2 minutes to create an account. If you are already an Afterpay customer, simply download the App and sign in.
- Download the Afterpay Mobile phone application and login. Customers must use their own phones, they may not use the phones of staff.
- Select the barcode icon at the bottom right of the App and request authorisation to make an in-store purchase up to a nominated value. This value will be displayed above the barcode. If your spend limit is lower than your purchase. You may make a split payment between Afterpay, cash or direct credit card.
- Each customers Afterpay account will have a varying transaction spend limit. A new customer will have a lower limit of $500 and the maximum limit is $2,000.
- Bring your barcode to the counter, or supply the barcode to us over the phone or via email. We can either scan the barcode or you can provide us with the number.
- Your Barcode will be used for the purchase and will need to be refreshed after 10 minutes if you require a new one. This barcode is only valid for one purchase. Please note that barcodes expire after 10 minutes and will need to be refreshed if it is unused straight away.
- Our team will use your barcode to create your order through Afterpay.
- Your first 25% instalment will be due at the time of purchase. Payments will be deducted from your Nominated Payment Source in accordance with your Payment Schedule.
- Once Ikuntji Artists have confirmed your order number with Afterpay, you may take your goods home, or have them prepared for freight.
- Afterpay will then debit the customer directly and will send reminders via text or email before each due instalment.
- Customers may request a refund under some circumstances if the item has not yet been posted, or if there is an issue. Please consult Ikuntji Artists Terms of Sale for details.
- If the customer has any issues using Afterpay, they should contact Afterpay Customer support. Please do not contact Ikuntji Artists Directly unless it is regarding the products directly.
Ikuntji Artists Aboriginal Corporation guarantees all work shown is authentic Aboriginal art. Every painting or print is accompanied by a signed and dated Certificate of Authenticity which tells the ‘story’ relating to the painting and some information about the artist. This certificate will be emailed to you once payment has been received.
All information received from clients is strictly confidential.
Artworks on consignment
Galleries and outlets: If you wish to receive stock on consignment please email Ikuntji Artists at email@example.com
Purchase a gift voucher for your friends, family or colleagues.
The gift voucher can be redeemed in person or through our online shop.
Gift vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase.
Gift vouchers must be present at the time of purchase. If the purchase price is less than the voucher credit, the remaining credit is stored for future use but cannot be redeemed for cash.
Lost or stolen gift vouchers are not replaceable. It is important to keep a safe record of the gift voucher coupon code.