Sorry, no artworks.
Virginia is the wife of Joseph Tjangala Zimran, another emerging Ikuntji Artist. Originally from Ntaria/Hermansburg, Virginia is now based at Ikuntji with Joseph where they both paint during the day. Together they have three young children.
In 2014, Virginia participated in the Indigenous Jewellery Project workshop conducted by Kate Rohde at Ikuntji Artists. She was quick to learn the particularities of working with resin and creating small sculptures from clay, which would then be cast in resin. She had learnt about working with clay from her grandmother who was a Hermannsburg Potter.
Her jewellery and small sculptures have since been shown in a variety of exhibitions, including the launch of Clay Stories at JamFactory in Adelaide as part of the Tarnanthi Festival.
- COLLECTION SORDELLO MISSANA - FRANCE
- Borne – Sculpture for the body Ended
- Fashion Parade at Desert Mob Symposium, Alice Springs Ended
- From Country to Couture – DAAF Fashion Parade Ended
- The Indigenous Jewellery Project Ended
- Artmart, Darwin Ended
- Autumn Salon / Easter 2016 at Whistlewood Gallery Ended
- Jewellery has always been here – JamFactory/Tarnanthi Ended
- Tarnanthi Festival in Adelaide Ended
- Desert Mob Market Place 2015 Ended
- Alice Springs Beanie Festival 2015: Opposites Attract Ended
- Beanies Workshop Ended
- Jewellery Workshop Ended
- 21 Years Ikuntji Artists Festival Ended
- Little Big Things, Artisan, Brisbane. 2022-02-12
- Borne, curated by Margarita Sampson, Stanley St Gallery, Sydney NSW 2016-10-15
- Xavier College Fundraising exhibition for Elizabeth House, curated by McCulloch & McCulloch, Xavier College, Melbourne VIC 2016-08-19
- Indigenous Sculpture Fair, & Gallery, Melbourne VIC 2016-08-09
- Winter Salon + Art Parade, McCulloch & McCulloch/Whistlewood, Shoreham VIC 2016-06-10
- Artmart 2016, Northern Centre for Contemporary Art, Darwin 2016-05-12
- Autumn Salon Easter 2016: Aboriginal Art + Jewellery Launch , McCulloch & McCulloch/Whistlewood, Shoreham VIC 2016-03-25
- Jewellery has always been here,JamFactory, Adelaide, as part of TARNANTHI Festival of Contemporary Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art, Adelaide SA 2015-10-01
- Alice Springs Beanie Festival 2015 - Opposites Attract, Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs 2015-06-18
- Ikuntji Artists, QDos Arts, Lorne VIC 2008-12-31
- Mixed Show, Palya Art at Mary Place, Sydney NSW 2008-12-31
- Palya Art @ Gallows Gallery, Perth, WA 2008-12-31
- Group Show, Ballan and Pannan Galleries, Alice Springs NT 2008-12-31
- Ikuntji Now, Woolloongabba Art Gallery, Brisbane QLD 2007-12-31