‘From Country to Couture’ is an Indigenous Fashion Parade held before the opening of the Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair in Darwin.
In 2017, it showcases the collections of eight art centres and designers they have worked with in the previous year. The fashion parade was curated by Grace Lilian Lee, an Indigenous artist who has been instrumental in pioneering haute couture for Indigenous artists across Australia.
Ikuntji Artists proudly launched their collection created with the support of Batchelor Institute (Brigidia Steward and Amanda Macmillan), the Department of Business Indigenous Responsive Program funding, Timothy Growcott and Centrecorp Foundation.
It was the first time that Ikuntji Artists endeavoured on the pathway of creating garments, digital and screen printed designs.
Location & Contact
- Albie Jack 3 artworks
- Alice Nampitjinpa Dixon 30 artworks
- Alison Napurrula Multa Pantjiti 3 artworks
- Cynthia Multa 2 artworks
- Gordon Butcher 3 artworks
- Jeffrey Jackson 6 artworks
- Kelly Dixon 9 artworks
- Keturah Zimran 21 artworks
- Maisie Jugadai 4 artworks
- Roseranna Larry 7 artworks
- Virgillia Multa 2 artworks
- Walter Jugadai 2 artworks